- On August 18, 2016
Wed, 27 May 2015
Many businesses often rely upon a single broadband for their connection to the Internet. If this fails it can lead to the business being offline for several days causing severe disruption to trade.
Nowadays, many businesses areas are overlooked by fibre broadband providers. Why? Fibre broadband providers like Openreach choose to equip each local cabinet to provide the users with fast fibre optic broadband. In their race to get a return on their investment, they are very selective in choosing which local cabinets to equip.
Businesses have multiple users who all want to use the broadband at the same time, slowing it down. Businesses find that even though they have an “unlimited” broadband, their high data transfer rates mean they are put into pools of higher users or “collared” by their network, slowing down their broadband because they overuse it.
The Solution: Load Balancing
So how can businesses with no access to fibre broadband improve the speed and reliability of their broadband at a reasonable cost? Load Balancing.
What is “Load Balancing”?
This is when a router that can take multiple broadband connections, shares the load of the users evenly across several broadbands. Each user is more likely to benefit from an experience where the full speed of a single broadband is given. The important upstream capacity can be doubled instantly and shared more effectively.
If a line fault occurs on one line the service is unaffected and wise customers obtain differing providers on the same router, improving resilience and speed, at a little more than having a second broadband.
Load Balanced Benefits:
- Low cost solution
- Double, triple or even quadruple capacity – even in remote areas with no fibre
- Improve resilience and deploy 3G or 4G back up (where coverage permits)
- Avoid excess use charges and speed restrictions by sharing use across several broadbands
Midland Telecom Offer Any Business A Turnkey Load Balanced Service
- No need to change your existing broadband provider, we will connect it to the service.
- We include the costs of providing an analogue line, free connect, free rental.
- We include the cost of installing and providing the router and an on-site visit to get it up and working and liaison with your IT support all at no extra cost from us.
- Choose either a fixed broadband or a 4G broadband at the same cost (use limits apply to 4G) at the same cost per month.