- On March 5, 2018
IMPORTANT NEC ANNOUNCEMENT: SL1100 end of life dates confirmed
NEC have formally announced the end of life and support dates for its SL1100 to take effect from 31st March 2019. This is a standard cycle after many years of sales as the manufacturer has to concentrate R&D and support resources on new product lines (the NEC SL2100).
The impact of this withdrawal of formal support is as follows:
• No new user licenses for System – so you cannot add more users or expand the system (where a licence is necessary after this date).
• There will be no software updates for the applications software like MyCalls or InGuard, for instance, it could become unusable after a more recent software update by Microsoft.
• You will still be able to obtain service support from Midland Telecom.
• You can pre-order user licences before 31st March 2019 for use after that date.
• We have an unrivalled stockholding of legacy parts and handsets for fault replacements.
What action do I need to take?
• If you are happy with your system but might expand your business after 31st March 2019 it would be advisable to order additional licenses in advance.
• If you are using applications like MyCalls then consider the upgrade path to the SL2100, the cost to upgrade is very competitive and can be mitigated completely by modernising your lines from ISDN to SIP.
• If you are happy with your NEC SL1100 and use no applications and don’t think you will need to expand the system then you need take no action.
To discuss this further and/or check the implications to your business please contact your Account Manager or the Office on 0121 214 1111.
With over 30 years’ experience, Midland Telecom is best placed to help you realise what your telecommunications can do for you.