- On September 21, 2016
Midland Telecom is delighted to announce that it has been approved as telecoms supplier by Jisc.
Jisc Services Limited (JSL) is establishing a Dynamic Purchasing System that will enable its members to easily purchase value for money and technically sound Telephony services and associated equipment that has been checked and tested in combination with the potential customer’s network. The DPS will enable new suppliers with new technologies to enter the DPS throughout the lifetime of the DPS.
To ensure maximum benefit for its members, JSL will enforce a number of financial and technical entry requirements that any supplier must fulfil, before joining the DPS to ensure reliable and consistent integration with the Janet network that meets the needs of our customers.
The entry requirements will include but not be limited to:
• Direct connectivity to Janet to ensure maximum service quality or a reseller who will provide the services through a Janet Connected service provider
• Agreement to provide diligent pre-install testing to ensure customer’s infrastructure is capable of delivering telephony services
• Zero rated call costs between any telephony services purchased from a supplier, including any combination of mobile and fixed line devices
• The ability to deliver telephony services over Janet without the requirement for network Quality of Service
• The supply of mobile telephone services either as a direct MVNO/MVNA or as a 3rd party supplier.
The services will include but not be limited to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking connectivity, Private Branch Exchange (PBX) solutions hosted Private Branch Exchange (PBX) solutions, landline and mobile call charges, line rentals and ISDN connectivity. The scope of contract will also include aggregated mobile services procured by groups of organisations.
Jisc is a not-for-profit organisation that provides digital services and network & technology solutions for UK higher education and further education. Their service enables Schools, Academies and Universities to purchase equipment including handsets, mobiles, circuits and SIP trunks, from pre-qualified suppliers who are directly connected to the Janet network for telephony.
Since 2014 over 45 Jisc members have bought in excess of £4m worth of telephony services and equipment through the Telephony Purchasing Service saving an excess of £1m.